Do you want to help nurture and grow a fast paced, growing company? If that sounds exciting to you, keep reading! We’re looking for someone to join our expanding Software Services team in the form of a Cloud Data Center Manager.
- Demonstrate strong analytical and technical skills
- Understand the need to use metrics to manage complex situations
- Familiar with management of cloud resources
- Strong independent worker
- Great communicator
- Take ownership of the availability of customer cloud data and performance
- Manage the relationship with data center to ensure best Cloud management practices are followed
- Ensure the company’s data is protected from hackers and breaches
- Manage availability, security and HIPAA compliance at the data center
MITC is staffed by intelligent people, each of whom is actively involved in helping organizations around the world do things better, more efficiently, and more productively. From software consulting and software development to sales and marketing and administration, MITC has opportunities for bright and energetic individuals to build the careers they want at this successful company.
The Whole Package
Maryland and neighboring states, work will be performed remotely. Travel to headquarters in Frederick, MD quarterly will be required.
- Competitive salary
- Accelerated earnings potential
- Medical, life insurance, disability
- 401(K) Retirement plan
- Up to 4 weeks vacation
We’re interested in investing in you.
Employees at MITC have the flexibility of growth within their department, or across departments. We think this makes the most well rounded employees, and gives opportunities to people who work hard, and are interested in growth.
You will be provided with equipment to perform your role including a laptop and mobile phone.
Salary Range: $65,000 – $75,000 annually, plus MITC’s benefits package.
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- Successful hires will be required to have received the COVID-19 vaccine by their first day of work. Accommodations will be considered for those unable to vaccinate due to health or religious reasons.
- Travel to MITC Events in Frederick, MD, or surrounding area, once each quarter. This is paid for by MITC.
- You will also need a suitable work from home (WFH) area. This will need to be a quiet space away from distractions.
Things You Might Do:
- Manage the balancing of server load to optimize resources and customer experience
- Develop and track metrics for each customer and server
- Develop an understanding of how customer usage, application mix and database size impacts performance and best practices
- Ensure optimum windows updates, CITRIX updates, defragmentation, backups, replication and server reboot procedures are followed
- Oversee customer database mapping for larger customers
- Supervise the archiving of customer data
- Lead investigation of software performance issues
- Maintain accurate database documentation for all databases and ensure new database fields are available in reports
- Organize disaster recovery tests for customers
- Assess effectiveness of 800 number carriers
- Ensure data center can manage a failure at the main center
- Prepare reports for monthly Team Leadership meeting
- Meet monthly with CEO and Director of Software Services
- Report to Director of Software Services on a day-to-day basis
How to Apply
Applying is simple.